The CU Woodshop School of Woodworking is committed to providing the best classes, instructors, and experiences that we can offer. However, in order to make that possible, we must adhere to the following policy statements. These policies apply to every class, unless otherwise documented in the class description.
Cancellations and Refunds
If our circumstances dictate that a class can not be held for any reason (low enrollment, unavailability of the instructor, non-functioning tools, etc.), CU Woodshop will provide a full (100%) refund of value.
- This refund of value may involve reenrollment in a future class, or a gift certificate for Retail or Class purchases, or a credit card refund (charge reversal), or some other form of compensation. CU Woodshop will work with you to find the most equitable resolution.
- If a class must be cancelled, CU Woodshop will do the best it can to notify you two days (48 hours) prior to the scheduled starting time of the class.
If your circumstances dictate that you can not take a class for which you have enrolled,
- if you notify CU Woodshop at least one week (7 days) in advance of the class, CU Woodshop will provide a full (100%) refund of value;
- if you notify CU Woodshop less than one week in advance, but at least one day in advance of the class, CU Woodshop will provide a half (50%) refund of value;
- if you do not notify CU Woodshop at least one day (24 hrs) in advance of the class, CU Woodshop can not provide a refund.
To notify us of your circumstances, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Store (217-355-1244) to speak to someone; please leave a message on the answering machine if you are calling after hours, or if no one is available.
Minimum Age Requirements
In general, students must be at least 16 years old in order to attend any class that employs power tools.
Parent-child classes will (typically) not involve power tools. Class-specific age limits will be indicated in the class description(s).
Personal Protection Equipment
The School has both safety classes and goggles for eye protection, and both foam ear plugs and headphone-style hearing protectors available for use. Students shall follow the directions of the instructor concerning the use of each.
Students who have their own personal protection equipment (eye protection and hearing protection) are encouraged to bring and use their own, subject to approval by the instructor.
Food and Beverages
In general, food and beverages are permitted in the Classroom, and Lounge Area of the School, only. Food and beverages are not allowed outside of these areas. A refrigerator and a microwave oven are available in the Lounge Area, for your use. Bottled water is routinely available, in the refrigerator.
Under no circumstances shall beverages be allowed on or near any of the power tools.
All students are required to sign a Liability Waiver. A parent or guardian must sign if the student is a minor.
All students are asked to sign a Photo Release, which allows the School to show pictures of your class, online and in publications. If you decline, we will try to keep you out of the picture…
The CU Woodshop School may, from time to time, issue “Class Coupons” that provide some discount or other benefit. The following rules apply to all coupons, unless clearly marked otherwise:
- Coupons have no cash value
- Coupons may be applied toward any class (unless explicitly prohibited in the class description) purchased from the CU Woodshop.
- note that classes offered through Parkland College are not purchased from CU Woodshop and thus are not applicable for coupon use
- Coupons are single-use. If a coupon is applied to a class that has a lower fee than the coupon, the coupon is consumed and there is neither a balance kept for future use, nor “change” returned to the user. A coupon is not a gift card.
- In determining whether a class shall be held or cancelled due to low enrollment, coupon-holders will not be counted toward minimum enrollment.
- If a coupon-holder’s class is cancelled (for any reason – see above), we will return the full value of the coupon, as another coupon.
- Coupons have expiration dates.